CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Picture Perfect - Okay, Nearly Perfect!

While searching through some pictures to post to my new Facebook Page,
I came across these pictures from our family picture session last September.
We try to be faithful about taking a family picture every year,
even if it is just the one for our annual Christmas card.
Needless to say, I do not enjoy this yearly ritual,
I usually end up with a migraine by the end of the day.
But what can you do, its tradition?

The ritual usually starts with:
"Why do we have to wear that color?" "I don't like that shirt," etc. etc.,
and then almost always ends with:
"Why did you choose that picture,"
"I don't like that picture,"
"I don't look good in that picture,"
"My hair looks bad in that picture," ...... you get the idea!

(I'm sure no one else ever has to deal with these issues!)

My motherly response is almost always:
(and I'm sure it is always spoken with LOVE and kindness in my voice)
"I arranged for the pictures, I paid for the pictures,
so I get to choose which pictures I want to use."

This is also usually followed by the usual:
"I know, life's not fair, get used to it."

So, I thought I would share with you what poor Stacey gets to go through for a
Richards Family picture taking session.
(Keep in mind this is only a small sampling.)
If nothing else, we get an awesome final picture, and she gets a comedy hour.
She is truly a saint, and a miracle worker!

She starts with a few of these poses from our crazy family:

















And with the miracle of technology, but mostly the miracle of her talent,
she can actually get a picture of my family to look like this:



We love Stacey for making us look good!

We almost forget about the pain until the next year when we have to start all over again.
Kind of reminds me of childbirth. I think I'll just stick with taking pictures.

So this post is to:
1. Warn Stacey to prepare herself, and to save her energy for this year, and
2. To warn my children that they need to decide on a color, decide on a location,
and decide be HAPPY and play nice!

Anyone who wants to look as good as we do (or better) needs to call Stacey.
Check her out at staceykayphotography.com

2 comments:

Supercool Hotmama said...

Great pictures! You are lookin' so young that I couldn't tell which one you were until the close ups! Hottie!

Stacey said...

Thanks for all the kudos! And I LOVE working with your family! You are all so much fun!